Valkerie reached down into her bottomless leather purse. She fished around for just a moment, she knew where it was. She had held onto it for hours after he gave it to her, it was only just before she confronted him that she was able to let it go. Would giving this to Terpsichore be another form of betrayal? Would he hate her like he hates his mother? No, this is why she was here. This is why he was here.
"He didn't exactly say anything." Valkerie passed off the letter with quivering hands, "He just gave me this."
Terpsichore held the paper with great care. She could already see how much it meant to Valkerie and would not jeopardize it's condition. But upon close inspection it was already in a poor state. "What are these marks?" asked the doctor.
Without hesitation Valkerie said, "Tears," She paused lost in the memory of when she had picked it out of a pile of mail, "and blood."
As strange as it was, Terpsichore showed no surprise, not even by a raised eyebrow. "That would explain the cuts on his hand." she said.
Valkerie had no explanation.
So Terpsichore read:
To my Bunny
"Bunny?"
Blushing a little Valkerie answered, "That's what he calls me."
"But he never said he loved you before?" Asked Terpsichore, this time she was surprised. "and he calles you bunny?"
But Valkerie just shook her head and Terpsichore read on:
To my Bunny
I've been aware of this for such a long time and dreading this moment. I've always been different, we both know it. For whatever reason you don't seem to care. I am thankful. My blindfold was removed when I was very young, soon after I met you, and not long before she died. I've kept it a secret, I'm not stupid, I know that they'd all think I was crazy. But you I can trust. If not you than there is no one.
Have you ever woken up, brushed your teeth, ate your breakfast, whatever, and you're on your way to school or work or something and it suddenly occurs to you to ask yourself the question "am I dreaming?" I'm guessing that you have. And I'm also guessing that you came to the same conclusion that I did. Of course I'm not. This is my life, I'm alive, I'm awake.
But I could only come to that conclusion for so long. See it's been like this almost my whole life. Every single day. I can't explain it, it all just feels like a dream. But it can't be, because dreams aren't real, dreams you can wake up from, dreams only happen when asleep.
But it is. It is real. There's another solution. Simply that the reason I can't wake up is because it's not my dream. It's someone else's. It's not mine!
I "wake up" everyday and live my life, but it's not my life. It's someone's imagination. Here's the question. What happens when that person wakes up? Think about it. Now here's the answer. We all die.
Valkerie please don't think I'm crazy. In fact you're the only thing that keeps me sane. Bunny if you don't believe me then I don't know what I'll do. I won't have a reason to live anymore. Please, come over tonight and talk to me. Tell me that you believe me, tell me that you feel it too. Tell me you're as terrified as I am. Please don't hate me. I love you. I always have. If you think I'm crazy then I don't want to live this lie anymore anyway. Please come over tell me you love me before the Dreamer wakes up.
Sunday, May 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment